I've had a few experiences lately that have finally convinced me that Christmas really isn't about receiving, nor is it about the size of the gift given. Christmas is about giving - and "giving good."
Here's what I mean...
Giving
I gave Susan a gift this year that didn't cost more than about $15. In past years, I'd been trying to wow her by buying her either more expensive presents, or more presents. This year, I think I finally hit it right. I got her something that I've known for some time now that she really likes - but I never thought about making it a present before. I bought her a book of house plans - 15,000 plans to be exact. She loves it, and spends days looking at it. I suspect that she'll read it several times. The only danger? At some point I will have to buy her that bigger gift - the dream house! :)
Receiving
Susan got a few things for me this year - but one gift stood out among all the rest. It was a simple white cloth. When I opened the gift - I was a bit puzzled. but when she explained what it was, it turned out to be one of my favorite presents. It was an ironing cloth (a solution to the sheen on my suits from pressing them while on the road). I love the gift, and the thought behind it (shiny suits look funny in the business world).
1 comment:
This all goes back to your crazy addiction to the Downy Ball!!!
Susan is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment