It's not often that TV inspires me. In fact, most of the time, I use TV to do just the opposite - escape all feelings of responsibility. However, Susan has become a big fan of The Biggest Loser which means that I catch the shows every now and then. There's enough time between my viewings that I can actually notice a difference in the players. They are losing a LOT of weight!
The thoughts of dropping weight really started a little over a year ago, when B.J. started talking about losing weight as a family. But when I started seeing how quickly the Biggest Losers were dropping weight - it became a little more realistic (attainable) for me.
In the last 2 or 3 years I have managed to add about 30 pounds to my girth. Nicely done, eh? I hit 221 one day and determined that 50 pounds over my high school weight (isn't that everyone's unrealistic goal?) was too much.
So - while my goal is not really 171, it is substantially lower than 221. Time for a plan of attack! Fruit in the morning, salad for lunch (and not those super-duper salads either), and a lighter dinner. Work out in the morning and in the evening when I'm on the road, and avoid snacks when I'm home.
I'm down 11 pounds so far since Feb 25, which is not Biggest Loser type weight loss, but I'm happy with it. I don't know where I'll stop, but the process has been fun so far. I can actually "run" on a treadmill and enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment