July 1, 2009

Asparagus

Yep. Susan and I both like asparagus - and we both like butter on it, too. :)

A friend of ours once said he knew he really liked the gal he was dating because they had so much in common. One such commonality that he cited was that they both liked butter on their asparagus. He was amazed by that, and so was she. I guess it was one of many signs for them that they were meant to be together.

There are times that Susan and I drive each other B-A-N-A-N-A-S, but we still love each other. Married life ain't easy. But with a little work, and a little patience, it's worth every ounce of effort, and then some. Susan and I still haven't figured out a few basic things - things that you would think that by now (almost 13 yrs married) we would have figured out by now. It's part of our stubborn streak that we each carry. But there are a LOT of things we have figured out about each other, marriage, and parenting.

Today is Susan's birthday. She's, ummm, somewhere between 29-ish and something more than that. The problem here is that if I tell you how old she is, I'll have to admit how old I am. I'm not the same age as her. Heck, she's not her age either. We're both...29-ish.

On this 29-plus-a-few Birthday of Susan's I declare that "I love this woman!" (Recall cheesy commercial of woman and man in Italy where he yells out that he loved "this woman" several times.)
I'd ask her again today, and still hold my breath that she'd say yes.

No comments: